Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An Ode to Danielle

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An Ode to Danielle

Alright, so Ode might be a tad Overkill, but I thought I was right about Danielle. Here is the thing about being an English Major, all you have to do is find one other person who has written something that supports your theory--and hey, you are in like Flint! I just read an article that said what I had always suspected but was afraid to believe--when Danielle talks, it seems harmless and almost reasonable.

I am far from a Housewives of New Jersey expert. As a matter of fact I have watched maybe half a dozen episodes, maybe a little less (you got a stack on Hulu or On Demand, it is just hard to keep track). She doesn't seem like a brain truss, but she doesn't seem like the devil incarnate either. That ex-con she's using as an idiot body guard is a little disturbing, even to her I think, but how evil can you be when you turn out to be just a big ole 'fraidy cat??

Here is all I'm saying, she is attractive in a botoxed, injectable New Jersey sort of way. She's over tanned and under weight, perfect for the part. All she really does is show up, repositions her hair until one of the other women work themselves up into a throw down, and then she just cries and drools in the bushes or a Bentley and waits for her favorite officers working the local beat to arrive. She honestly causes less trouble than the others. Am I wrong?

Is hoping to send the Housewife in training to prison a little harsh--sure. Do we really think any judge in the state has missed that episode and is going to send the kid to jail?? I think a little trash pickup off the ramp of her exit might be warranted though. Not everyone is on a reality show so you have to learn that it isn't appropriate to pull someones extensions out their heads just because you see a camera and some strong lights. I know a lot of woman who are a pain in my ass but I never tried to pull their hair out by the roots. I do live in Front Royal, and I have known a couple woman who have done that, but hey, they didn't go to jail either!

Villains have become such an important aspect of reality tv that the new Housewives have two.

No comments:

Post a Comment