Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Foreigner, KC and the Sunshine Band and Hall & Oates--Concert Experience from Hell!

This is an oldie but a goodie! I honestly can't remember if it was my Jr. or Sr year, I'm going to go with Jr, because some of us could drive. Actually, as it turned out our adult designated driver was drunk out of her mind so Craig drove up. It was Christmas time because it was a Toys for Tots concert, and we were well supplied with Bacardi 101. A little too much 101. We had the rum and pina colalda mix. I mixed mine like the true bartender I was destined to become. Unfortunately, my girlfriend in the back couldn't take quite as much. We stopped I think in marshall, where the girls helped her pee, you know, pants down, sit her down, pants back up. Some guys to carry her out. I didn't start to get really bad until somewhere on 495, at which point I couldn't feel my face. Had the bruises to prove it the next day where I continued to pinch myself anyway. Then the excitement really started. I had to pee. And we were following another car. I am pretty much in tears because I have to pee. Thank God, so did Jeff Strickler. So, I got out of the car. Got over the guard rail, and started trying to climb up the hill to pee. Jeff especially said it was funny to watch me get up a few feet and fall back. Finally, I gave up crawling up the hill and just flopped down in the ditch on the other side of the guard rail. Would still be there today if Shelby hadn't jerked me up and pulled me half way up the hill. During this time, the guys are helping my girlfriend puke. I missed all that action. So . . . we eventually hit the Cap Center where apparently Craig scores a dime bag in the parking lot. My mother, now relatively sober stays in the car with my girlfriend. Some how I'm seated between Craig and Jeff. The minimal rules in my mother's world were I could drink but not do drugs. And as I think we have covered, I really didn't. But you know, I had to pass the joint back and forth between the guys on either side of me. And honestly, every fourth or so pass I had a hit. During one of those occasions I turned around to blow a mouth full of smoke out, and my mother had joined us, and was looking right at me. Remember very little about the ride home, although I think we got side track, aka lost once or twice.
The next morning!! The was no possible way of getting out of school. I swear to you, I didn't even have a drink of water until late afternoon. It still ranks up there in the top five hangovers of all times!!
Let's not forget that Foreigner and KC lip synched. And while Hall and Oates were live, who cares!
Luckily, all I had was one hellish hangover and multiple bruises on my face. Just like the Halloween that went to pot. I was 19 maybe older before I ever, ever even tasted 101 again. And I can assure you, it hasn't been maybe once in 25 years!
How was that for an embarrassing personal experience??

No comments:

Post a Comment